Monday, November 23, 2009

Ariza Watch

So rather than include Ariza watch in my weekly post, I decided to do a separate post every week or after every Rockets game for Sarah.  Ariza continues to be a high volume shooter and low volume scorer.  So far, averaging about a point per shot, which in NBA standards, is pretty poor.  I think I’ve said this before, but that’s not his game.  What is his game is the almost 2.5 steals per game and the hustle plays that don’t make the box score.  Over the past week, the turnovers have gone down to under 3 per game.  I’m thinking that making Ariza the man will improve his ball handling skills and in the future make him that much more dangerous.  Coming from a system which he was more or less a spot shooter and then going to making plays for himself and setting up others isn’t an easy transition.  Either way, the Rockets are on my radar and I’ve been rooting for them.  The Rockets have a tough week.  At home to the Mavs and Spurs and then on the road against the Thunder.

 

No comments: