Monday, November 23, 2009

Ava

It’s amazing what kids can remember and what they are “into” at different times.  As phases come and go, Ava, surprisingly, hasn’t gotten into the doll phase.  I think I’m kind of glad about that but I’m not sure why.  Lately, she’s been into Christmas BIG TIME.  I think this year will be the most fun yet.  Last year, she was kind of into the present thing but not quite getting it.  Two months later at her B-day…it was ON.  So getting back to my point, Toys’R’Us  conveniently sends out a huge ad.  Ava has been “reading”, kind of, this book for weeks.  Here’s our exchange:

Ava:  Daddy, I get hippo hungry for Christmas.

Me:  Hungry Hippos?

Ava:  Yeah, Hippo Hungry.

Me:  Ok.

Ava:  Daddy, I get this (points to play kitchen), and this (points to princess dress up), and this (points to play oven), and this (points to everything else on the page).  Daddy, I get a WHOLE BUNCH OF TOYS!!!!

Me:  Ava?

Ava:  Yeah.

Me:  Only good girls get lots of toys.

Ava:  silence

Me:  Are you going to be a good girl?

Ava:  Yeah (not so convincingly)

Me:  ok

Ava:  Daddy?

Me:  Yes?

Ava:  Daddy, I get this (points to play kitchen), and this (points to princess dress up), and this (points to play oven), and this (points to everything else on the page).

 

Gotta love her enthusiasm.  Can’t wait for Christmas.

No comments: